Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The pocket powerbox advance

hello everyone!

I want to buy The pocket powerbox advance and I have couple questions about this product:

1) what is the electricity requirements to power the power box advance? Because I didn't understand from the website how much power I need in order to power this product?

2) does the pocket powerbox advance distribute the electricity equal to all of my equipment like surge protector or do I need to buy a surge protector also?

Thank you very much!! 

Yes the battery should be good.

The item linked is a mains AC to 12v DC 10 Amp Max power supply, the Pocket Powerbox Advanced will come with a power cable that will plug in to any cigaret lighter socket like the one in the link.

The PPA will distribute the correct voltage to each output, if you use the battery then you might want to consider surge protection as an extra safety feature.

A quote from their website, it looks like it has surge protection.

Built in Voltmeter

A precise voltmeter measures and displays in real time your input voltage. If the input is more than 14V, the power is instantly cut off to protect your equipment.

2 hours ago, hubble space telescope said:

well i talked to pegasus astro and they recommended to me to buy this produce: https://pegasusastro.com/products/power-supply/

unfortunately this purchase is another cable and another voltage power from the battery... does anyone here have this product to?

Thats the same unit as I linked to but with different connector and more expensive, it plugs into the mains just the same, not from a battery.

Here's mine.

IMG_1129.jpg

The power box comes with a cable similar to the last image I posted. 4th item down.

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 14.56.58.png

If you buy the unit he recommends , select the 2.1mm connector option.

Edited by MarkAR