Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A blast from the past (kind of)

SyedT

Came across my very first images from 2016, taken with a DSLR on a fixed setup, no tracking. Thought I'd give re-processing a go! Previously processed image below it. I'd like to think I've learned a few things about not overbaking images. 😅

Cheers

EDIT: Now that I think about it, this probably belongs in the widefield section! My bad, admins please move if you see this. 

559442135_OrionsBelt110916Canon6D105mm.thumb.png.30d5a16fb905f2f026a500050600a64a.png

598676655_OrionNebula1.thumb.jpg.85420e3de247f5ef336cc4e463ae818f.jpg

Edited by SyedT
  • Like 4

I miss the red colour in M42 that is present in the bottom image. Star shapes are much better now though, but with a quick "selective colour" in PS it is also possible to make them more blue instead of green (on my screen both images have green stars).

Ragnar

34 minutes ago, lux eterna said:

I miss the red colour in M42 that is present in the bottom image. Star shapes are much better now though, but with a quick "selective colour" in PS it is also possible to make them more blue instead of green (on my screen both images have green stars).

Ragnar

I tried altering the nebula and star colour with that tool but it ends up blowing out highlights and adding noise. Might have to look at it again and maybe approach with some more gentle processing. Thanks for the feedback! 

1 hour ago, SyedT said:

I tried altering the nebula and star colour with that tool but it ends up blowing out highlights and adding noise. Might have to look at it again and maybe approach with some more gentle processing. Thanks for the feedback! 

The stars are quickly fixed with this setting.

/Ragnar

Untitled-1.jpg.04556c942545cc853c5c5448ad00d0e3.jpg