Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Computer specs question

Celestron2

I am currently using a very old Toshiba laptop that has an Intel Pentium T3460 (2.17 ghz) and 2gb of RAM. I use APT to run capture plans but have noticed it taking a long time to load the images particularly with longer exposures. I am assuming that it is the laptop struggling to process the images rather than my Canon EOS 1100d dlsr causing the issues. I there a minimum spec I should be looking for to run APT efficiently?

Hello and welcome to SGL. Before you rush out and buy a new laptop, have you checked to see if automatic noise reduction is switched on in the camera ? When NR is on the camera will take a second shot (dark frame) without activating the shutter and then uses this to subtract the noise from the light frame. The image then takes about twice as long to complete.

Bear in mind, you will need to subtract dark frames at the same exp time from the images now you have turned this off. Apologies if you know this already but thought I should mention it.