Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

FITS files lost

Tommohawk

Hi all. Well I had the perfect session last night doing LUM for my Leo quartet. But then today whilst arranging the FITS images into a new folder I lost the whole lot. I think I did a cut and paste which didnt work and then CTRL +Z to  undo, but in the meantime had deleted the orginal folder. Something like that, but the end result is the files are gone.

They're not in the recycle bin, I've searched by file type and date and can find shortcuts but the files are gone. I've also downloaded a file recovery utility and that doesnt find them either.

Cant say how mad I am - the perfect session and then the perfect cock-up. If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.

thanks!

11 hours ago, giorgio_ne said:

Thanks for taking the time to look that up! As it happens I did find that thread but unfortunately it didn't help. I did a search on all FITS files just in case they'd ended up somewhere odd but couldn't find them anywhere. It doesn't help that Windows back up is so useless though to be fair I dont think it would have helped in this case.

I had a clear night a couple of nights back so pretty much replaced the data now. 

26 minutes ago, Wyvernp said:

You could try something like this. https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

Thanks for pitching in - as it happens Recuva was one of the utilities I tried to no avail. I've got a bit more relaxed about it since we had a good evening that replaced the lost files. But I was very nervous when moving the files into  a new folder prior to processing! I just need to slow down a bit probably and take a bit more care when moving/copying/pasting etc.