NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is my DSLR (a 2007 Nikon D60) up to the job?

Hi guys/gals...

I'm about to invest in a Star Adventure Pro mount to get into astrophotography. 

I have a Nikon D60 from 2007 and was wondering if that will be good enough to get started until I can afford a newer camera. I'm also planning on buying a 70-300mm lens. Nothing special or pricey, just to start learning.

I was toying with getting an Omegon LX3 mini track but figured a SA would be a better initial investment, albeit at twice the cost.

But my final decision will depend on whether I can use the DSLR I currently own.

Any opinions would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Thank you for the replies. I also posted this question on CN and it seems that it will do the on but not to expect award winning images, hich is fine as I have lots to learn. 

Now the trick is to decide whether to wait till mid may for more SA stock as every single shop has sold out or take the plunge and invest in a more expensive ioptron setup. 

It would be a shame to waste all this downtime and clear weather waiting for stock...so I think ill send the extra cash and get the iOpton and a tripod. 

Cheers