NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Prominence from 4 April as a GIF

vineyard

Hello,

I have no idea whether this will work.  But I grabbed some video through my modded TV/Lunt frankenscope earlier this week.  And I've tried to turn it into a GIF - will upload it here but since its my first ever GIF I have no idea whether it will work!

Cheers,

Vin

Sun_200404.gif

• Like 3

Yes it works.  Looks good.

Is this a 'real time' gif or one that has been created from a long sequence of individual frames spread over an hour or two ??

I tried to do the long time sequence one with a less spectacular prom the other day.  It proved quite hard because over 2 hours I saw no discernible change in the prom structure and the passing high cloud made the frame brightness change markedly, resulting in a really bad  flicker.   Yours looks very smooth.

Edited by Craney

Thanks Craney.  Its about 270 consecutive images taken in ASICAP on an ASI120MM mini (so probably just over a few seconds).  I took them as images rather than a video.  And then when playing with Blink in PI on something else, wondered what would happen if I tried the stills.  Couldn't get PI to make a video though, so I just downloaded GIPHY for free and made the gif from the video that the Blink function was playing!

I still have to figure out my lucky imaging for proper Ha features (I think I need to use a tracked EQ mount for that - with an altaz it just moves across so fast that AS!3 comes up with a real patchwork quilt of bits of images).  While I figure that out, this GIF thing could be fun to play with though!

Cheers.