Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

whats happening in the bottom left?

Dan13

Morning,

To spare great detail i went out for an imaging session last night with my new astronomic 12nm h alpha filter for my dslr (full spectrum) I had an unfortunate issue right before dark came where i noticed my polar scope needed coilmation and was too dark and later to sort.So i polar aligned as i normally would (i know it wouldn't have been hugely accurate) i just wanted to test the filter out. I did a 1 min exposure and trails seem to be of a minimum surprisingly. I took 120 x 60s subs and there was a quite a bit of trailing but i ended up with this really bright patch in the bottom left? i also had a lot of difficulty stacking all my subs as i usually would with RGB, do i also need to do something different while stacking? I did somehow managed to drag a small stack out of DSS instead of my usual pixinsight and the bottom left was completely blown out! to my surprise though theres a fair bit of data beneath this and would like to figure out what i may have have set up wrong (other the PA)

IIMG_3339_LI.thumb.jpg.7965bb69c06faaccd0ad71cf2c4a7884.jpg

2 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Could be moonlight entering through the eye viewer.

thats a good shout Mark thank you, the eye viewer would have probably been similar position to the moon thinking about it. im guessing just tape this up for an imaging session?  do you know how best to stack these?

12 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

do you know how best to stack these?

I'm just starting so all I've managed is hope and pray using Siril. It's free and works on Macs. It does have some automated scripts that make it easier.

Dan, If you're using a canon, then you should have been provided with an eye viewer cap, often attached to the strap. if so, slide off the rubber cup, should move upward, and slide the cap on in it's place, it's provided to prevent just that kind of thing.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

I'm just starting so all I've managed is hope and pray using Siril. It's free and works on Macs. It does have some automated scripts that make it easier.

ah ok, i would recommend trying the 45 day free trial of pixinsight, such a powerful tool!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jgs001 said:

Dan, If you're using a canon, then you should have been provided with an eye viewer cap, often attached to the strap. if so, slide off the rubber cup, should move upward, and slide the cap on in it's place, it's provided to prevent just that kind of thing.

Well well well!! :) you learn something new every day! thank you so much, ive just checked and yes this is on my strap! will use this next time many thanks