Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

102mm APO with full frame dslr

Hey guys,

I have an Explore Scientific 102/714 APO and I use it with ASI1600MM and it works great, recenly I've been thinking about upgrading my reducer/flattener to some that can correct wider field so I could use my Canon 6D with it. I found couple of 0.8x reducers that would fit my needs but they're for 2.5'' focusers and larger. I wouldn't mind getting a new focuser too (mine is 2''), the problem is that I've read that ES doesn't have officially switchable focuser and I'm afraid that if I'd get a new one, it wouldn't fit. 

So my question is, do you know about any focal reducers around 0.8x that are for 2'' focusers or does anybody here have an experience with swapping the focuser on an Explore Scientific refractor?

Cheers 

Jan

On 28/03/2020 at 15:30, john2y said:

Hey guys,

I have an Explore Scientific 102/714 APO and I use it with ASI1600MM and it works great, recenly I've been thinking about upgrading my reducer/flattener to some that can correct wider field so I could use my Canon 6D with it. I found couple of 0.8x reducers that would fit my needs but they're for 2.5'' focusers and larger. I wouldn't mind getting a new focuser too (mine is 2''), the problem is that I've read that ES doesn't have officially switchable focuser and I'm afraid that if I'd get a new one, it wouldn't fit. 

So my question is, do you know about any focal reducers around 0.8x that are for 2'' focusers or does anybody here have an experience with swapping the focuser on an Explore Scientific refractor?

Cheers 

Jan

Moon light make an adapter to allow their refactor focuser to attach to the ES102/714.

Right here on their web page. I am sure that someone like FLO could order one in for you if you dont want to order from the states directly.

https://focuser.com/products.php

Adam