SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Amazing - Starlink satellites transiting the Moon!

Stu

Well that was amazing, and very lucky! I excused myself from drying of the short person’s hair in order to have a try for the Pup at @markse68’s suggestion. I had no luck at that, and wandered back to the Telementor to enjoy the earthshine now showing. With a 24mm Panoptic in, I had a nice wide field but still plenty of detail visible, earthshine very prominent and the two tiny diamonds spaced out around the dark limb which I love to see.

Anyway, I noticed a satellite passing diagonally above from below left rising above to the right, and thought no more about it until another passed by very soon after, followed by a third. Each time they got closer to the Moon, one just skimming above, until finally the last two transited, showing as bright specs against the dark portion of the Moon. I didn’t note the time but at a guess it was not long after 8pm

Absolutely stunning, and such a lucky thing to catch. I’m sure plenty of others must have seen it too? I’m not a big fan of these huge constellations, but it was amazing to see I must say.

• Like 3