Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first images of M42 and M81 & 82

Dan13

Hi, ive just joined.

Many thanks for the very warm welcome seems a great forum ive found. I started viewing through an 8 inch dob roughly 3 months ago but found i like the photography side. i switched my gear out and have been 1470494447_finaleditorion.thumb.png.3234890b8aac69fe505d1fa6a9189bb4.png and following guides the last 3 weeks.

Here are my first attempts at M42 and M81/82.

final edit m81.82.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, MarkAR said:

Couple of great images you've captured. Well done.

Thank you mark, so much to learn but having such a good time trying. funny enough i see your based near Guildford, the m42 shot was taken at Harting down national park up the road from you i guess?

1 hour ago, Dan13 said:

Thank you mark, so much to learn but having such a good time trying. funny enough i see your based near Guildford, the m42 shot was taken at Harting down national park up the road from you i guess?

Not a million miles away, I would say lets meet up for a session but we might get arrested.😷

I did find what looks to be a fairly dark site at Thursley Common, park up at The Moat Carpark then follow the dragonfly trail to the dragonfly sculpture and up the hill. Pretty decent clear views all round.

Edited by MarkAR

2 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Not a million miles away, I would say lets meet up for a session but we might get arrested.😷

Haha your not wrong! out of interest Mark where can i grab a HA filter for my stock 750d mate, anywhere local? i want to shoot rosetta or horsehead tonight but have no chance on my stock DSLR

3 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Haha your not wrong! out of interest Mark where can i grab a HA filter for my stock 750d mate, anywhere local? i want to shoot rosetta or horsehead tonight but have no chance on my stock DSLR

Only camera shop I know is London Camera Exchange in Guildford, even if they had one they would be closed.

Just tried Ebay and there is a seller Optics-land in London, don't know if you can still collect though.

11 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Only camera shop I know is London Camera Exchange in Guildford, even if they had one they would be closed.

Just tried Ebay and there is a seller Optics-land in London, don't know if you can still collect though.

ok thanks Mark ill check them out shortly, appreciate it