Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Few Elusive Clusters...

robbymain

Enjoyed a short session on Tuesday evening from my heavily light polluted garden in North Bristol - pity the reduction in people being at work doesn't translate to less lights being on at night!!!

Finding the trusty Beehive in Cancer was surprisingly tricky but well rewarded in the TV 32mm Plossl, followed by an equally elusive M36 and M38 in Auriga. First time using my new 10mm Radian which was vey nice indeed.

My wife is showing interest in seeing Venus kiss the young crescent Moon on Saturday 28th so I'll see if I can impress her with being able to see the phase of Venus through the telescope the same evening - I'll need the brownie points if I want to upgrade my lowly 150P in the near future. Thinking about an OOUK 8" or a 10" Dobsonian of some kind...?!

Stay safe and well all my fellow SGLers!

• Like 7

Hi Robby

I'm Observing mostly from my back yard here in Belfast and as you mentioned, even the Beehive can be tricky to find. I have the OOUK 8" newt and its a great scope.  Seems to be well built and can handle a bit of rough handling (non intentionally of course !!)

All the best

Ciaran. 

• Like 1