Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101...

Hallingskies

297093527_M101colour2.thumb.jpg.7d25d179d4ba21856f22b1784863c685.jpg

Result of 30 x 600s luminance plus 10 x 300s each (2 x 2 binned) RGB, flats, bias as darks through an Esprit 100 using an Atik 460EX and an enormous amount of fiddling around in Astroart and Paint Shop Pro to beat down some rather horrible gradients and colour noise.

More details in my blog, should you be interested...

This looks a lot better on my laptop/PC than it does my IPad, the latter seeming a bit harsh with an overly dark background .  I have been chasing this object for 12 years and still I'm not quite satisfied with the outcome.  I suppose being locked up in viral quarantine for the next six months might make this a good time to have a think about PixInsight.  But then again...

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, tomato said:

Very nice, the real expanse of this galaxy shows up beautifully, makes me realise how much I’m chopping out with my Esprit 150/ASI 178 combination.

...but then the Esprit 100/ATIK 460 combo, whilst a good all-rounder, is only really any use on the larger galaxies I think.  My effort above is a 70% crop as it is.  Your kit really comes into its own this time of year!  It’s a tough one....🤔🤔🤔

Edited by Hallingskies