NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HADS Star YZ Boo - 24 Mar 2020

Trying to keep some kind of sense of normality by doing some astronomy. Here is YZ Boo - a HADS star for the ongoing study (this month appears to have been very productive looking at the data already captured, so landed up going for something quite a way in the east).

V filter, 350mm Newtonian, 15 sec each exposure. Seeing and transparency not so good at times, esp early.

Stay well all. 

image.png.d2319a83e8c56b39d6c280b819f2d87f.png

Edited by coatesg
  • Like 5

Well done Graeme, keep up the good work. This is the first HADS star I ever tried but at that time was unaware of the project.

I have spent two nights this week on V467 Dra which has a very long period but unfortunately the seeing/transparency must have been rubbish as the results after a short decent period were very scattered. I did submit them to Patrick but I guess he was unable to get the period as they haven't appeared on his chart.

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coatesg said:

Trying to keep some kind of sense of normality by doing some astronomy. Here is YZ Boo - a HADS star for the ongoing study (this month appears to have been very productive looking at the data already captured, so landed up going for something quite a way in the east).

Nice work Graeme 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Smith said:

Well done Graeme, keep up the good work. This is the first HADS star I ever tried but at that time was unaware of the project.

I have spent two nights this week on V467 Dra which has a very long period but unfortunately the seeing/transparency must have been rubbish as the results after a short decent period were very scattered. I did submit them to Patrick but I guess he was unable to get the period as they haven't appeared on his chart.

Cheers! Sometimes Patrick does take a few days to put them on for me, but they generally appear eventually! 😉