Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

x2 Barlow - Not fitting

If you look closely at the tube where the barlow fits in .... One side is the fastening thumbscrew..

On the opposite side to the thumbscrew is there a small flush grubscrew...??

The early Skywatchers and Helios Newtonians had these, if there is, then you'll need a small jewelers screwdriver to slacken it off slightly, so the barlow will fit in the barrel..

It is a 1.25" Focuser with a 1.25" barlow and a 1.25" eyepiece isn't it??

Greg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seben-1-25-Achromatic-Super-Barlow-Lens-2x-New-69GBP_W0QQitemZ380090200593QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Telescopes?hash=item380090200593&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

This item??

From a few comments from users about Seben I wish I had found this site first.

So I tried to move to other products that I hope to fit this Seben Scope.

Im just glad the sky is cloudy at the moment as I was looking forward tonight as the product turned up at my work. :(

Hello

Sorry, yes the scope is less then 4 months old :(

Just to add, the scope in the photo on Ebay isnt the one I received (Altho, it was that auction I brought from)

The scope its self i shiny all over.. Ill grab a photo.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/LouiseB24/DSC00346.jpg

Now looking at my scope I have, and the Scope on that auction - it is differnt.

Hi Louise,

Looks to me like you have unscrewed the barrel of your Plossl eyepiece and left it in the scope.

No worries - screw the Plossl eyepiece back into the scope (without the Barlow) and slacken off the small rough headed screw that can be seen at about 1 'o' clock on your image number DSC00342. The whole eyepiece plus its silver barrel should then slide straight out. Put the barlow in the hole in the scope and then your Plossl in the barlow as Psychobilly described.

Hope this works.

Cheers

Bill£ :(

Well - I feel a fool :oops:

Barlow now fits perfect into the scope - how ever the Plossl just 'sits' into the barlow - wont fit so i can screw the grub to hold in place.

But for now, its better then nothing.

Thanks for you help guys and my silly human error :(

how old is it? like filters: there is a relatively new "standard" for telescope sizes. i almost bought an old moon filter which was 10+ years old but it did not fit in my eye pieces because it was so old (dunno if its a metric/imperial thing)

lol never mind this post. i posted without reading the results of the topic

Archived