Widefield galaxy area image

tooth_dr

I was setting up an imaging run in the framing and mosaic wizard for a messier object, and I noticed this nice looking galaxy at the edge of the FOV.  So instead I set up a run based around it.

This is 27 x 300s, Tak 180ed and 383L+, luminance filter.

I've tried platesolving in astrobin, but it isnt working.  Anyone help me out please with a plate solve and labelling?

Also my stars looks elongated in one direction.  Is this a collimation issue?  Tracking was good at around 0.5"/px RMS.  Any advice welcome regarding this.

Thanks, clear skies.

Adam

St-avg-8100.0s-LNMWC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RE-noMBB-St-1.jpg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

I was setting up an imaging run in the framing and mosaic wizard for a messier object, and I noticed this nice looking galaxy at the edge of the FOV.  So instead I set up a run based around it.

This is 27 x 300s, Tak 180ed and 383L+, luminance filter.

I've tried platesolving in astrobin, but it isnt working.  Anyone help me out please with a plate solve and labelling?

Also my stars looks elongated in one direction.  Is this a collimation issue?  Tracking was good at around 0.5"/px RMS.  Any advice welcome regarding this.

Thanks, clear skies.

Adam

St-avg-8100.0s-LNMWC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RE-noMBB-St-1.jpg

I recognised ngc 3718 and 3729 immediately, having just spent a few nights with those. Very nice widefield.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks guys for helping me out. I’m going to check over the collimation again, the stars aren’t just right 

I've solved it in ASTAP.

You might be having a problem with the stars, but you don't seem to have any problem with the galaxies!😉  I haven't counted them...

toothdrann.jpg

Edited by don4l
  • Thanks 1