Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 Re-Work

I've done a bit of re-work on my image of M42 that I posted last week after learning about using layer masks from this YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5fZEF7pBvo&t=771s). Even though I still don't fully get layer masks and how to use them effectively, I followed the process in this video and found it very helpful and feel that it has improved my image dramatically.   

I do feel that each imaging session I do, I am improving bit by bit and am really pleased with the progress I am making, so thanks to all for the advice you have given me. I expect I can probably do more with this image? and I still have the .tiff file so I will probably keep working on it over time as I learn new tricks and tips.

Here is the image as I posted it last week:

1351625227_OrionNebula.thumb.jpg.7d764a9d691f0b40ffbbf0c3db554343.jpg

Here is my current version of the same image after having a play around with layer masks:

1819544931_OrionNebulaReWork14_03_2020.thumb.jpg.bc7b20cef2e0b7e4d9ccf5156cc1b7a7.jpg

Comments welcome :)

Best get back outside now, getting some subs of M81/M82 so watch this space.

Clear skies!

Adam

• Like 2