Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ha clip in for 7D?

tingting44

Hi, I use to be imaging an age ago with my telescope but long ago sold it, now all I have is my canon 7D and a barn door mount, I don't want to get back into lugging an imaging telescope to my dark site so wondering now if it's worth while to get a Ha clip in to enhance my 7D, I do not want to mod it either 

From what I am reading here it seems a no brainer, but companies will promise you the world to sell their product, so just want to hear from you pros if it is worth while using a Ha clip in, thanks 😊

https://www.highpointscientific.com/astronomik-h-alpha-12-nm-eos-clip-filter-ha12-eos?aw_affiliate=eyJjYW1wYWlnbl9pZCI6IjEiLCJ0cmFmZmljX3NvdXJjZSI6IkFzdHJvbm9taWsgMTJubSBIYSBGaWx0ZXIgUmV2aWV3IiwiYWNjb3VudF9pZCI6MX0

1 hour ago, MarkAR said:

I think Trevor Jones/ AstroBackYard had something on this in one of his videos.

I think there are some gains to be had with non modded DSLRs but no where near as much as modded.

thanks buddy ill take a look for his video :)