Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5-II help!!!

Hi Folks, 

I'm new to this ccd camera guidescope dark magic, so please be gentle and forgive me my ignorance! 

So I purchased myself a used QHY5-II MONO camera for guiding. I installed the drivers and Sharpcap. I plugged the camera into my laptop, so far so good! 

The screen shows that the camera is connected and if I point it at a light source the screen lightens, but no image. I attached it to a guide scope and tried altering the focus, still nothing. 

I'm sure it is something simple but just can't figure out what to try next. 

Really would appreciate the help of anyone out there who has a similar experience or knows how to assist. 

Thanks again 

Simon 

Try attaching the camera to Sharpcap and hold the camera behind the drawtube and pointing at the Moon (as it is bright and difficult to miss).  Pull the camera slowly away from the scope and see if it will focus further away, in which case you may need to add an extension tube to get focus.   What guidescope are you using?

Carole