Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Maxim DL 5.02 acting strange.

ribuck

Hi all,

I've upgraded to maxim DL 5.02 and it's producing a strange halo in every image i take. My ccd is a starlight Xpress MX916 and i'm using the universal SX driver.

I never had this issue in version 4.

I've autoFocus with focus max and the half flux is around 2-3 tonight when i image, so the focus is ok.

does anyone have any idea what can cause this wierd halo, as it's driving me nuts ?

i've check my optics and they are all good. so i think it's either a maxim problem or something to do with the ccd electonics.

11148_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Sorry people ignore this post as i've solved the problem. It looks like it's comething to do with the electronics in the camera.

I powered down the camera and it's interface, and tried again and it;s working fine.

I've seen this a few times now, least i know how to resolve the problem next time i get it.

Thanks Ron,

I like to hold off a bit before i update. Anyway Can you update the clouds so they go away for a while.

i've tried imaging M81 3 times now where i get the L channel done, looking all pretty but as soon as i start on the RGB, then the clouds role in, i'm cursed.....lol.

Thanks Ron,

I like to hold off a bit before i update. Anyway Can you update the clouds so they go away for a while.

i've tried imaging M81 3 times now where i get the L channel done, looking all pretty but as soon as i start on the RGB, then the clouds role in, i'm cursed.....lol.

:crybaby: I think your frustration is shared by many. :crybaby:

Archived