Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st light with my new (to me) set up.

Chaz2b

I have now cobbled together, a Celestron C80ED-R with a 2” Baader click lock diagonal and Tele-Vue binoviewers.
Using Tele-Vue 20mm and 15mm plossls, the Moon was stunning!    This is the time of day I most enjoy viewing the moon, just before it gets dark, a half moon has a lot to offer and I wasn’t dissappointed.

Having last year, sold ALL my equipment, I’m having to rebuy but this time I know what I want. I purchased a TS-optics 130 APO, this is mounted on an eq6 pro, but it was just too heavy to get down stairs in the time I had.
Spent about an hour viewing and that was enough as my knuckles started complaining of the cold....the bitter cold!

I did take some pictures of my setup, and a quickie of the moon parfocaled with my Samsung. Tried to Bluetooth the images to my iPad...ha! The iPad was having none of it, so another night.

chaz

• Like 1

Glad you're enjoying your astronomy again Chaz!

It takes me over an hour to set my equipment up so I know what you used to go through. Unless I really make the decision early that I'm going to go out (not easy with the poor forecasts) I can't be bothered half the time. 

As it is, I don’t have to spend too much time setting up, as the bedroom I keep my gear isn’t heated, so it doesn’t take long to get the refractor to equalise with the outside temperature.

I started out with a 8” Meade sct, that really took time to set up, it didn’t really appeal to me so I sought lighter gear, refractors is what I’m settled on, two, one for serious stargazing and the other for grab ‘n go. Building up a fine collection of filters and a decent set of warm gloves!