SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

APM XWA and dioptrx?

Hi all, quite intrigued by the APM XWA 100 degree EPs (read 'price'). Just wondering if anyone knows if they are compatible with TV dioptrx? Probably not, but if they are, then excellent! 

On a related note, I've been meaning to pop contact lenses in to alleviate astigmatism and try my scope, never have! I'm using a coma corrector much more these days, and now notice the astigmatism more. The XWAs (along with the seemingly discontinued SW Myriad) seem to get great reviews, besides the one duff one on FLO, and I don't see many coming up for sale which says a lot I suppose. For the price, worth buying new compared to the competition, especially the green and black ones, can't remember their name, still recovering from sticker shock at their latest retail prices...

Edited by Ships and Stars
  • Like 1

I have the Lunt / APM HDC 20mm. The field is well controlled up to the edge with very minor astigmatism in the last ~5% of the fov. Honestly, you need to look for it. The lens rubber is particularly comfortable. The eyepiece is quite light (678g) when compared to the Ethos 21 or ES 20mm 100 deg. In general it is a fine eyepiece. Mine does not get much used simply because 1) I prefer eyepieces with a smaller AFOV (I kind of feel lost with 100 deg), and 2) as my telescopes are medium / slow I tend to jump from 30mm to 12.5mm. 

p.s. Mods might complain the fact that you asked about buying / selling outside the classified. I PM'ed you, but will stick to the rules not to discuss about this here. :angel7:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Piero said:

I have the Lunt / APM HDC 20mm. The field is well controlled up to the edge with very minor astigmatism in the last ~5% of the fov. Honestly, you need to look for it. The lens rubber is particularly comfortable. The eyepiece is quite light (678g) when compared to the Ethos 21 or ES 20mm 100 deg. In general it is a fine eyepiece. Mine does not get much used simply because 1) I prefer eyepieces with a smaller AFOV (I kind of feel lost with 100 deg), and 2) as my telescopes are medium / slow I tend to jump from 30mm to 12.5mm. 

p.s. Mods might complain the fact that you asked about buying / selling outside the classified. I PM'ed you, but will stick to the rules not to discuss about this here. :angel7:

Thanks Piero! Shall update post asap!

26 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Not sure, was pleasantly surprised the TNVc adapter worked on my Meade 55mm plossl. If I can borrow the adapter again I will test my 20XWA.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I think either way I'll probably try the 20mm or 13mm with contact lenses, if dioptrx is a go then I'll try that route. Looking forward to getting my hands on one of these, don't know how I've missed them! Just off the radar to Ethos and ES, Meade, etc.