NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Delrin washers

Rheemhater

Doing a EQ6-G and ordered a set of Delrin washers . Upon arrival I was alittle surprised at what i received . The washers were stamped out of a sheet with dull dyes . Believe me when I say i'm here to bash . The man was very nice , the price was excellent , the service was fast . We communicated after the fact and he said he would refund my money . ( which i wouldn't do ) My question to you fine folks is ..if i try to sand most of the imperfections out should i use these ? The only issue i think about is the rips on the inside , can't sand those out ! I'm putting alot of effort into this mount and i don't want to do something that i shouldn't .

image0.jpeg

Yup, thats thin but not impossible.

I follow a few Youtube machinists and three precision engineers that I know that will be able to make them are Tom Lipton of Oxtools, Joe Pieczynski and Robin Renzetti.

I'm sure one of them posted a video of making thin washers or shims.