Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Enjoyable few hours.

Out for a few hours after dinner and dishes done.  Had the 15×70"s tripod mounted and the 10x50"s slung.  Not much really to report,  just relaxed a bit and chilled out. Working randomly  from  a list I've put together....

32 Ori.  Not a mission of splitting this with bins but a useful exercise to locate for a telescope evening. 

Sigma Ori.  Really nice in the 15x70's, just spent a while soaking it up.  Not sure if the 10x50's split it though. 

The Belt.  Just scanned and enjoyed. 31 Ori caught my eye.  

Collinder 69.  Lovely in the 15x70's.  Spotted a nice red star here, 40 Ori.

Taurus:  Aldebaran and the Hyades, always spend a while here, it's a lovely part of the sky. 

118 Tau. Double. Again not a Chance with the bins but just nice to track it down for follow up. 

59 Tau. Double. The same.  Davis's Dog asterism is not far from here, so two for the price of one. 

And of course the Pleiades to finish of the session. 

No pressure,  just enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

Nice list! I've never looked through 15 x 70's, they sound nice. Obviously it's been clear for you but what about wind and cold?

It's bitterly cold here and still blowing wheelie bins round the back yard. Which is a shame because we had some good clear bits earlier and I really wanted to get the Mak 127 on Venus...

• Like 1