neximage 10 wont display live feed on win10

A few months back i ordered a NexImage 10 color camera for my NexStar 130 slt, I've installed the software that came with it, and later on with a new install of windows 10 on the same laptop, HP Omen 15ce018dx. The software installed and connected to the camera, i updated all drivers for it too, and it runs fine, but i cant get a live view from it or get it to capture any images. I've spent many hours now trying to figure this out, but am to the point that im concidering returning what i can and [removed word]-canning the rest, but im around 1,000 bucks into it and dont want to give up. So, long story longer, i need some help before i break some expensive toys of mine lol, please.

Stepping back, the neximage 10 did it come with a lens, if not you can still test it with just a bright light say a torch or TV screen. Connect the neximage to your PC and run the capturing software you are using. In the capturing window pointing the nexinage towards your bright light should be noticeable. Have you tried this?