NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Canon m10 mirror less for astrophotography

Lordspace

Has anyone used the canon m10 mirror less for astrophotography of any other mirror less for that matter and would recommend over a traditional DSLR?

I as as I'm not a serious photographer and would be mounting on my etx90 and as I've read it uses plastic gears I would like to keep as much weight off the scope as I can and my 450d weights about 600 grams where as the m10 weights 300 grams.

If anyone has any thoughts that would be great.

Cheers

I think the primary issue is can you connect to the camera via USB. If you look on the BackYardEoS website they list supported cameras: this is a screen shot of the mirrorless section of the table - the M10 is not listed despite the fact I understand it has a high speed USB port.

119742653_Screenshot2020-02-2223_17_02.thumb.png.4e6a34b76cd706f9bd788f8458480ebb.png

I am currently considering buying an M6 MkII for general photography which is supported by BYEoS - unlike the MkI which had no usb connection.

HTH

Adrian

If you can get the correct adapter then I would say just do it. There is other software you can use, Canon Utility will work with the right cable so you can control the M10 from a laptop and capture images.

Or just use the Canon app on your phone.

I've adapters for it on eBay which are cheap enough.

Also I don't really use my laptop much when out with the scope.

I kind of like just using the remote shutters.

I will have to look and see on Apr if it is supported just in case I ever decide to you the laptop.

Cheers