Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Skysurfer 111 quality issues.

Thinking that buying Baader, I was going to get a quality item that I associate with this German company, not so apparently.

Having purchased from a reliable and well known dealer, it was posted well packed and arrived very shortly after order.

Unboxing the Skysurfer, I note the many extra parts for fitting to various scopes, the part I require is the first issue I have, see the pics.

when I first pick it up I noticed it’s wonky! Looking closer I see it is two parts so I place a finger nail under the wedge part and it comes apart with hardly any effort. This is the part that the sky surfer actually is attached too and carries its weight! The second issue is very apparent and that is the glue, or lack of it, is holding the two parts together.  I will repair this by using a more appropriate plastic glue that will weld them together.

The next issue I have is the battery, it has no cover, leaving it exposed to the elements! Don’t quite know what I’ll do about that,hmmmm.

Finally, the instructions, it mentions that the Skysurfer can be used as a solar finder, you are given two pictures that help with its correct use, ha! It states a “yellow arrow” in the instructions, they are printed in black and white!

chaz

5C5D71F2-2591-4328-89C9-1A2E5B8F5F95.jpeg

4B2BA083-C4A1-46AA-9D54-1EB83A4B3E88.jpeg

9E846B0D-FFBC-4CAE-B9F1-CD88949AE002.jpeg