NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finder for spotting scope

Hi folks 

I have a Landove spotting scope which I want to use for occasional astronomy. 

What’s the best way to to attach a finder scope? Would I need to glue on a shoe to attach a red dot finder? 

I know a spotting scope isn't ideal for astronomy. 

get a rigel it creates a bulls eye and is smallish and really good.

it has double sided sticky tape if u ever take it off use goo-gone that's it no damage done

norm tho spotters are 15 to 45x or a 20x60 power so norm no finders are needed.

if u plan to use for astro stuff 45 to 60x is ok for some stuff others like the planets u need to push to 100 to 200x which it cant do not to mention since its probbally straight through it will be very hard to look upwards. most scopes have a 90 degree, even a 45 degree is a pain at a lot angles since its really meant for daytime stuff

joejaguar

I assume an angled spotter is what you are contemplating. I have one on a tripod ready to deploy at a moments notice to observe day or night. My 20 - 60x zoom is very handy and will show Saturn's rings. Although I have a semi-permanent red dot finder on mine, I agree that a Rigel Quickfinder would be the best option.

Good luck.

1620238426_IMGP5316-Copy.thumb.JPG.287d309360d933bd54320dc583bec340.JPG