Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Explorer 150 PDS - Crayford Focuser

Hello everyone

I recently purchased the Skywatcher Explorer 150 PDS with an EQ3 Synscan PRO Go-To Equatorial Mount with Aluminium Tripod.

As I am a novice in the astronomy field, I have several questions. I'll start with one

Can anyone explain to me, how a Crayfor focuser functions? I've attachhed it to the telescope, but I can't seem to make it focus (ironically!) even when I detach it from the telescope.

Kind regards Flora

Hi is the focus lock on small thumb screw on the under side they are duel speed one knob is fine adjustments

if your using the telescope for visual your need a coma corrector as this telescope focal length is for a camera 

Edited by Neil H
More info

ya I would try that first

if that doesn't work there are like 6 to 9 hexscrews under side the focuser which u can ajust but try neils suggestion first b4 adjusting the screws.

hopfully u didn't bang it these entry level focusers are not great quality. On my 100 evostar apo I hit it by accident after only using it 1x and it didn't work after that no matter what screws I tightened, it was bascally garbage after that. So hopfully same thing didn't happen to u.

joejaguar