Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

W.O. GT81 (2013) and ZWO EAF? anyone tried this?

Hi there, it didn't take me long to tire of manual focusing via various ATP focussing tools. My most likely and affordable electronic focuser to this end would be the ZWO EAF but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to connect the bracket to the underside of the existing focusing assembly, the only two holes are the tensioner grub screw hole and the focus lock, which i assume will be redundant / free once the EAF is in place. Any suggestions from experience appreciated.

BTW, for some strange reason i get a better focus simply using the APT magnifier tool than using the Batinov Aid in conjunction with my Batinov mask, which is well out.

Tried the EAF with a WO Z61 and WO Z103. Couldn’t attach it so sent it back to FLO.

Whilst I have no experience with your scope to honestly answer the question I can say that in the end I went for the Sesto Senso. Bit more expensive but the mechanical attachment works on my scopes......once you have centered everything up 😊

Edited by Hughsie