Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion over Butter Tubs Pass *UPDATED* in reply.

Crop from 9 pane mosaic.  Untracked 15s exposures.  Canon 6D MkII, Sigma 24mm.  LR, PS and ICE.

Quite a few flaws but okay at reading distance.  Much sharper when you click into the image!!  Cheers, Paul.

Crop 01 half.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 15

9 hours ago, clarkpm4242 said:

Tried just the top 2 rows of the mosaic and a B&W presentation.

I quite like it  :) another that seems better when you click into the image...

Paul

Hi Paul,

I don't like disagreeing with the author but I do like the first image best. Like most of your starscapes it gives a sense of place and purpose. For me, I've just walked up the hill and have turned to look out over the valley and of course Orion. In the second I'm hovering in space.

Buildings and ruins in some of your other images do the same kind of thing.

Dave.

Edited by davew
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, davew said:

Like most of your starscapes it gives a sense of place and purpose. For me, I've just walked up the hill and have turned to look out over the valley and of course Orion. In the second I'm hovering in space.

Lovely descriptions Dave!  I may quote them when I next do a talk.  Gives a great perspective.

I would prefer a bit more foreground in the B&W image but the mosaic render didn't give me enough to play with.  Maybe I can convince people that its from a drone  :)  !!

Thanks.

Paul

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice images. It is such a shame that you can be right in the middle of the Yorkshire Dales and still be affected by the dreaded light pollution. Is that that you have to get about 50-60 miles from a town to really escape it?

• Sad 1