NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Some winter colour.

cotterless45

Waiting for those promised clear skies and deep frost , just cloud gaps slowly clearing. Seeing was bad , especially over the town to the south . Tight binaries were nearly clacking together like kids toys. Went for some carbon star colour and galaxies to the north.

Winter carbon stars.

IMG_7423.thumb.JPG.0472e5c749b8f9c23ef9cb4eab2b3314.JPG

catching up with these variables again ,

"La Superba" even low at 10.15 was a bright cheery red , if you look at one star choose this one ! "Hind's Crimson "has toned down a bit , but it's still as cheery as tomato soup. Mon RV and Gem.Tu were the only dim ones.

"Hinds variable Nebula" NGC 2261 looked wonderfully bright in Monoceros. Lovely view of NGC 2264 and NGC 2244. 

Don't forget the dusty M67. Up to Lynx and a glimpse of the distant NGC 2419 hanging at the end of a fish hook of stars. Averted view of the "Owl", M97. Over to "Bode's " and a glimpse of NGC 3077 and NGC 2903. 

The sky went a bit downhill , the only clear galaxy in Leo being our near twin ,NGC 2903 up near the head.

Always had seeing nasties with high pressure weather, must be like a huge hand pressing down on those 

clear skies ! Nick.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well I had variable cloud the seeing was that bad I just did not go out 3am looked clear but still a haze 5am fog I had wrote a list out of binary`s as seeing was that bad I did not think I would see anything else glad I didnt go out now , freezing my toes off for nothing.

You got some nice targets there I wonder how much better they would of looked with better seeing.

Edited by wookie1965