Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Transport case for 115mm F7 apo + accessories

Hello.

Beginning to feel the need to organize a little.

Want some storage for the TS optics 115mm triplet apo.

Been looking at this: https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p9122_TS-Optics-Alu-Transport-case-for-refraktors-up-to-115-mm-aperture.html

And it is okay, but it is exactly the same cheap foam insert that the scope came delivered in, just in a fancy case instead of cardboard box. Was thinking maybe I could find a case where I could store the scope + all the eyepieces and atleast the diagonal and maybe a little other stuff as well.

The case in the link is 77 x 24,5 x 23 cm (L x W x H). My ideal case would be roughly the same length and height but just deeper. Considering the scope dimensions, it would be ideal if the case is not too high (lying down) so that the scope "rattles around" as little as possible when the case is moved around. And then I could just build the interior with foam inserts.

Been looking on amazon.de for candidates, but not managed to find any thats long enough or just that perfect. And most of the ads do not specify measurements in the headline :(

Might end up bying the case from TS anyway, xnd a separate smaller for accessories. Probably the easiest, but would be nice to have most of it in one case. More elegant :)

Ideal measurements would be something like 80x45x25.

Before giving up, do you have any suggestions? I could try and make my own.. but it wouldn't be that pretty..

//P

Found this one which was almost perfect, but just a little short. OTA length with retracted dewshield is 71cm. The TS case is 77 long (exterior). The interior of this on amazon box is exactly 71cm which gives no room for padding on the short sides.. 

Might be helpful for someone else though so I'll add the link:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00N3055KE/ref=pd_aw_sbs_60_1/260-5921035-6101561?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00N3055KE&pd_rd_r=dbe67958-c01c-410a-8b51-cebf394b9f0d&pd_rd_w=eiuko&pd_rd_wg=D43dq&pf_rd_p=ecf0cb80-06b1-4598-85b1-6d77c4f95871&pf_rd_r=SKPYPZMYC1G4V6E47TNY&psc=1&refRID=SKPYPZMYC1G4V6E47TNY

If your handy u could buy quality 1/2 ply wood from a store, I did that.

U could probably make 2 cases maybe even 3. Even with nails screws glue corner brackets, hinges, locks and handles and stain that probably only be $50 add another $50 for the plywood and that's only $100 total. $33 each case

You can also make it perfect size u want instead of settling.  

Ops forgot the foam for like $30 to 40 buy camping foam 2x6ft long.

Joejaguar