NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Voyager Dasboard

Fellside

Hi

As far as I know there are not a lot of Voyager users on here. So I thought I would mention the new feature that has just been added to Voyagers Web Dashboard. (You don't need Remote desktops with Voyager)

Its Virtual Field of View. It allows you to choose a target, frame it with a rotator if you have one. You can move the image around and when you are happy send the scope straight to the coordinates with precise GoTo. Or you can save the position to Voyagers RoboClip which will make it available for future use in one of your sequences. The coordinates can be saved to the clipboard as well. The whole Dashboard is very slick and only requires focuser control to be added to make it complete.

Dashboard can be used on the base machine, over the local network or over the web.

http://www.starkeeper.it/wdash/?107

I am just a happy Voyager user.

Graham

On 17/01/2020 at 08:33, newbie alert said:

Found it to be like SGP , throws up lots of faults in computer jargon.. so like SGP ditched it before I'd taken a single image...

Then found that my connection to my equipment in APT had all messed up..coincidence... 

Strange I have found it to be very stable. Better than Prism v10 with which I only I only had one problem (aborting guiding)

A lot of users get comfortable with a piece of software. Then when they try something else, if its not similar or does things differently then it is back to what they know.

I have not looked at ATP So I have no idea how stable it is. Voyager uses Ascom Drivers and runs an observatory with no problems.

Lots of SGP users out there. (Nearly said happy😉)

Graham

1 hour ago, Fellside said:

Strange I have found it to be very stable. Better than Prism v10 with which I only I only had one problem (aborting guiding)

A lot of users get comfortable with a piece of software. Then when they try something else, if its not similar or does things differently then it is back to what they know.

I have not looked at ATP So I have no idea how stable it is. Voyager uses Ascom Drivers and runs an observatory with no problems.

Lots of SGP users out there. (Nearly said happy😉)

Graham

You shouldn't need a degree in software to understand the jargon that's thrown at you just to connect your equipment,  or join an online forum ..

Sorry wasted far too many clear nights with various software now and it's got to a stage now that if it don't connect it don't get used

Just find it strange that the ones around the £100 to buy are the worst ones..they should be the easiest 

Ascom runs alongside most software..it's the comunication tool

Edited by newbie alert
Added info