Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Unable to see anything through my telescope.

I'm a first time telescope user and have just recently got my telescope and decided to take it out for the first time. Everything is assembled and I can see through the LED finder but cannot see anything through my actual telescope. I have tried all the other lenses but it's just very blurry, for example, the moon was at a waxing crescent and I could only see an extreme blur of white. My model is a BRESSER 60/700 Telescope. Would greatly appreciate some help in fixing this issue!

Many thanks,

Louise

Hi and welcome to SGL.

Have you got a diagonal with it or are you putting the eyepieces directly into the scope?

If it came with a diagonal I think you will have to use it.

Either way - have you focused the scope? You have to turn the silver wheel to focus - in or out - whilst looking through it. You will know if you are going the right way as the white blur will get smaller then snap into focus. You can do this in the daylight on a distant object. If the white blur gets bigger then you are going the wrong way.

If none of the above helps then a photo of how you have it set up would be useful

Lastly - apologies if the above sounds condescending but I have no idea of your skill level so I am starting with basics!! 😉 

• Like 1

make sure the front cap is off

next in daytime to get used working it, look at a building 400meters or more. Then it may be easier to use it at night. Don't look at the sun with a sun filter.

most new people get the eyepices incorrect. they norm think the 4mm should be first then 12 then the 20 BUT its the other way around use the 20 or 25mm first then the 12mm ep.

if it cam with a 6mm or 4mm don't even use it as it too much power and u wont see anything. the maker just threw this ep in so it looks good having a lot items. 

joejaguar