Refractor focuser switch - pitfalls ??

Hello all.  Maybe looking at switching a Moonlite Focuser between refractor OTAs and wondered if any potential pitfalls could compromise the scope following the swap. 

So long as the correct adaptor / flange is fitted and tightened up sequenally and then the Focuser fitted, would be there be any particular issues I would need to be mindful of. 

I,m thinking of misalignments of sorts and other goof ups that I could encounter along the way.  

Sorry if I've not explained this as well as I could but hope people get the ""jist" of my ramblings. 

Thanks in advance.   John 

So essentially you'll have different OTAs each with the correct Moonlite Flange attached to each and you want to swap a single Moonlite focuser between the different OTAs?

In theory, and based on my experience, this should be simple enough as it is just a case of loosening the three grub screws and the rotation lock screw then attaching to a flange on a different OTA.

Aside from the hassle of messing about with the grub screws to firstly remove, then re-attach the focuser and then re-adjusting them to get the tension on the focuser rotation to your taste I don't think that there is much that can go wrong as the Moonlites are pretty well engineered.  However, are we talking visual or imaging use?  There might be more issues with alignment if you're using it for imaging.  

Obviously you'll have a large hole at the focuser end of the OTA whilst the focuser is removed unless you can find a suitable diameter cap to plug it.

I had thought about doing this, but decided that I get little enough observing time as it is without adding more fiddling about into the mix.

I'll be interested to hear what others think.

I've done that, swapping a Moonlite between my Vixen and Skywatcher refractors. As long as the flange is correct, no problem. You do need to remove the flange to get at the 3 fastening screws though.