Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunt 80mm Imaging

shadowoo2

Ive started imaging with the Lunt 80mm HA scope. My first attempt at a solar image with a prominence was a composite image and then I was able to image the mercury transit. In order for me to get the prominences I had to blow out the solar surface.

I look at some of the images getting done with my scope and I wanted to confirm if you can get the sun and the prominence using a single exposure length or are all of those images composites.

If you are able to get them both would you mind posting the software and imaging specs. I currently use firecapture since sharpcap doesnt supports some features for the ZWO cameras. I have a ZWO174M per the recommendation of Lunt.

I appreciate any suggestions even for general solar imaging. Ive attached my first solar image so you can see what I did as a composite.

sun+final.jpg

• Like 9

Hi and welcome to SGL, I use a  Lunt LS60DS and generally combine the prom and disc images, sometimes the single stack images can be selectively stretched to reveal the prom's.

I use a ZWOASI178 that just about gets a full solar disc.

Dave

Thanks Dave. The above image was with a ZWO 120. The 174 gets the full image and I know there was a debate all over between the benefits between 174 vs 178. Im hoping some sun spots start to pop up for I can try to work on those

Edited by shadowoo2
  • Like 1