NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 in mono

dannybgoode

Another attempt at a galaxy. This time Messier 81 - Bode's Galaxy.
Happy and not happy - I blew the focus on the Red and Luminance channels so still mono and even with what I have got focus is a little out. So just integrated all the G & B data (14x200" for each) and worked with that.
Plenty of detail though so reasonably satisfied but annoyed because with hindsight I did notice the focus issue and ignored it. At least I have plenty of B & G data to build on though so all is not lost.

M81Mono.jpg

Edited by dannybgoode

1 minute ago, MartinB said:

It's coming along.  It's all the mistakes which help us to improve provided we learn from them.  Keep plugging away at this.  With more exposure time the galaxy will start to sing!

Thank you. Yep, no one said it was going to be easy and at least I have some worthwhile data to built on. 

A Bahtinov mask is on the weekend shopping list but I think the next session is now going to have to wait until the moon has gone. 

Nowt I can do about the bottle bortle 8 skies for now but once I’m happy I can get the rig set up properly each and every time I’ll take a drive out to somewhere darker.