Sh2-232 & neighbors

gorann

Friday night it finally cleared for the first time in over a month! I aimed my double Esprit rig on this collection of space oddities. I collected RGB with the Esprit 15e0 and ASI071 (0.79x TS reduser) and Ha with the Esprit 100 and ASI1600MM. 39 x 10 min of RGB and 51 x 10 min of Ha, so totally 15 hours. Most of the Ha whent into the red channel (blend mode lighten in PS) but I also used it a bit as lum.

Apart from the major blob (Sh2-232) and the two minor blobs to the right (Sh2-235 and Sh2-231) there is supposed to be two planetary nebulas in this area. On is the small reddish dot in the middle of Sh2-232 but I am not sure where the other one is. Maybe someone knows and maybe it got accidentally lost in processing🙄? There is also a small droplike thing near the right edge - not sure if that one has a name/number.

Comments and suggestions most welcome!

Cheers

Göran

20191129 Sh2-232 PS39smallSign.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 9