NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGP does not calculate HFR and camera has less details

kookoo_gr

I installed a nuc pc for my setup in order to replace my intel-stick mini pc. I installed the latest version of SGP and went out for some tests and setting up the new pc. I use an Atik 383l+ and when downloading i notice that the images are darker than when i used my intel-stick. Furthermore it is impossible to use the autofocus procedure as the software at the nuc does not locate any stars no matter how long the exposure is despite the fact that i use the same settings for the atofocus. Does anybody have any idea what might be the cause of this, i tried using other usb ports but i had no success. I include two photos of the Pleiades, a 5sec bin 2x2 image, the image from the nuc has less noise but has no detail whereas the image from the intel-stick is noiser but you can make out some nebulosity.

Also a question that i though of now, when setting up my equipment at sgp (on the nuc) i did not enter a value for the readout noise, i don't remember i have done the same thing at the intel-stick, does this affect the images?

pleides stick.jpg

pleiades nuc.jpg

Problem solved.
It seems something bugged at the profile i had for my imaging system, i deleted it and created a new one, i did a test with a dark frame and after the capture SGP stretched the image as expected, when i did tests with dark frames with the bugged profile the stretch was problematic. I came to the conclusion after capturing a test dark frame with the artemis capture software (atik’s software) and i had no issues with it, also when i captured dark frames with sgp with no equipment profile selected, at the sequencer i selected atik cameras, connected to the camera and i had no issues, when the weather permits i will do a star test.