Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

filter advice pls

beamish

Given that we "seem " plagued by cloudy New Moons and clear Full Moons I would appreciate some advice as to whether it is possible to use narrow band filters in conjunction with my modded 300D( baader filter) ?

I have heard about SII & OIII and Ha and given I have no major purchases queuing up, perhaps this IS the next step fwd to actually getting out there when it's clear !

All advice and comments welcome.

TIA Karlo

2 inch narrowband filters are expensive, and you're hitting a colour bayered CCD anyway..

I think that's why the "bump"

Cooled CCD with a good overall spectral response and mono is the best way forward for narrowband, though some (like Greg Parker) use a colour cooled SXV 25C with narrowband.

If you were using them with your 300D you can get the clip filter version (the astronomik clip is about £70 cheaper than the 2")

I have seen some great results on the net of folks using narrowband with a DSLR, though I do agree with Nick that a Cooled CCD is the way forward (mono being the best way)

HTH,

Eddie

Archived