NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC6960 reprocess

GiorgioF

With the bad weather the only fun become to test and try.

The bottom of HD sometimes give back old light.

Here a reprocessed Veil nebula in HOO.

The integration comes from a bad night never recovered.

Process in PI only with different approach to stars and nebulosity.

The game is to take out as much as possible and have a pleasant colour rendition.

Would like to get criticism and suggestions for my knowledge improvement (waiting next year for a better capture....)

VeloHOO_Star_2_PS_jpg-1600x1077.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MartinB said:

That looks lovely.  Very delicate, just as it should be.

Thank you Martin. I was looking for the delicate colours but also to get some more details.

The filaments of this nebula are so amazing that deserve all the care. Let's wait next year for more data.....

2 hours ago, alan potts said:

I like it, not over coloured like so many are, maybe even mine, I found the star sitting in the middle very difficult to control when I took this and had forgotten all the masking tips I once knew.

Alan

Hi Alan, 52Cyg has a so strong light compared with the nebula that gave me a lot of headache without having any good result. Same as GammaCas and the Ghost: never been able to have good result on them.....

If you remember some trick, will be my pleasure to learn.

1 hour ago, GiorgioF said:

Thank you Martin. I was looking for the delicate colours but also to get some more details.

The filaments of this nebula are so amazing that deserve all the care. Let's wait next year for more data.....

Hi Alan, 52Cyg has a so strong light compared with the nebula that gave me a lot of headache without having any good result. Same as GammaCas and the Ghost: never been able to have good result on them.....

If you remember some trick, will be my pleasure to learn.

There is a trick for sure i did it on Alnitak last year, there is a better way still but I was unable to follow the tutorial even though I tried several times. I must have a look through the Net to see if I can find it, tried a few over the last couple of years.

Alan