Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart and Soul HaRGB

mackiedlm

This is my first every attempt at HaRGB with my DSLR.

There are clearly some issues; focus is not perfect on the HA frames I think - although in BYEOS they were showing ok even zoomed in hard. And there seems to be a bit of coma further out - not sure if thats just the lens or something else?

I've not done a brilliant job in processing and its quite noisy/grainy when zoomed in hard and I think I've blown out some of the brighter areas - I'll see what I can do on round 2. It also needs a good bit more integration time.

Any suggestions for improvement in capture or processing would be greatly appreciated

BUT - this was my first ever effort at this and I'm not ashamed of it! So;

Canon EOS 1100D, Pentacon 135mm @ f4
StarAdventurer mount
RGB 29 X 180s ISO 1600 (with Optolong CLS)
Ha 29 x 180z ISO 1600 (Astronomik 12nm Ha)
Stacked and initial processing in Astro pixel Processor, Final processing and combining of HA/RGB in Photoshop

1025188348_Heart_soul_1711_HaRGBpns.thumb.png.1d7e7355ef21d9c40d16b87167db843d.png

Thanks for looking and any advice you can give

David.

• Like 7

As an emission nebula I would have just stuck with the Ha filter and not worried too much with the CLS capturing rgb. CLS may not have done you many favours here.

Overall a great image for a first try with short subs. Keep going and don’t forget calibration frames as well as they will help with the noise.

• Like 1