Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DeepSkyStacker 4.2.3 Beta 2 is now available

perdrix

https://github.com/deepskystacker/DSS/releases/tag/4.2.3-Beta2

This beta release contains a bug fix for the incorrect handling of the settings in 4.2.3 Beta 1 which could cause problems with incorrect output or crashes and other odd behaviour.

If you did install Beta 1 when you run your first stack using this release please use "Settings/Load/Restore Defaults" as the first thing you do.  You should only need to do this once.

This release also contains updates to the help for Brazilian Portuguese.

Please could I ask any Brazilian Portuguese speakers to review the updated help and let us know of any issues.

The work for translation of the help to Dutch is as yet incomplete, so the Dutch help files are still in English.

Clear skies

David C. Partridge

• Like 1

On 18/11/2019 at 15:09, perdrix said:

Please could I ask any Brazilian Portuguese speakers to review the updated help and let us know of any issues.

I'll take a look and let you know if there is any issue. 

Thanks for the update. 

• 1 month later...

As of this morning (1 Jan 2020) the 4.2.3 Beta version is announcing it's out of date and refuses to start. 

I may have missed it, but is there an update?  The option to turn off white balance was very handy for those of us who use StarTools for post processing.

Yes, it will have expired - I'm still waiting for some translation work to come back which is taking longer than I'd hoped (translator having work overload problems).

I hope that I'll be able to do another beta with that translation included this month ... No promises though.

David

• Like 2