NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DISCONTINUED: C8-SGT

Coco

http://www.celestron.com/c3/product.php?ProdID=59

I had all but talked myself into one of these when I googled C8-SGT

A couple of posts on here suggested this model has a poor second hand value. Am I better waiting for it to be discounted more?

Am sure you can understand I don't want to lash out 1K and see it selling for £700 in January :D

Any thoughts?

I thought I saw a c8-sct ota on sale with auntie FLO. Carbon fibre tube and hyperstar compatible :hello2:

Its the 6 series in the clearance unless I'm missing something :D

wish it was the C8-SGT . . Ive only got £850...looks like Ill be looking for second hand one or similar.

This is the item I was referring too :D

Celestron C8 XLT CF Optical Tube Assembly

CLEARANCE

One for the imagers!

Carbon Fibre tube, Fastar/Hyperstar compatible, StarBright XLT coating and CGE (Losmandy) dovetail fitting.

Note: This is fitted with the larger Losmandy style dovetail, some mounts (i.e. HEQ5 and EQ6) will require an adapter or an upgraded saddle.

Price: £733.06

This is the item I was referring too :D

Celestron C8 XLT CF Optical Tube Assembly

CLEARANCE

One for the imagers!

Carbon Fibre tube, Fastar/Hyperstar compatible, StarBright XLT coating and CGE (Losmandy) dovetail fitting.

Note: This is fitted with the larger Losmandy style dovetail, some mounts (i.e. HEQ5 and EQ6) will require an adapter or an upgraded saddle.

Price: £733.06

Wow that's a lot for just the tube :oops:

So it would take this and an adapter? I suppose that would do me for a life of imaging :hello2:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sky-Watcher-HEQ5-GOTO-Telescope-Equatorial-REDUCED_W0QQitemZ280278645451QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Telescopes?hash=item280278645451&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Archived