Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ngc7790

alacant

Hi everyone.

A mini double-cluster. This is at 585mm focal length. Gotta try this with longer. May have 1200mm for the weekend. Not very nice stars; really clear last night but noticed them bouncing around rapidly during focusing. Difficult with the Bahtinov mask to nail the centre spike it was so bad and phd2 giving me high minimum movement suggestions.

Probably 'rescued' too much by Siril's deconvolution. But enough excuses... tell me about the colour or anything else I could improve.

Thanks for looking. 

700d @ ISO800, eq6, t7m, 90 minutes

774587470_1-7790(1).thumb.jpg.2099a70ec3b76f5a739be8eddc02c86c.jpg

Edited by alacant
terrible english
  • Like 5

That's a nice little gem, but I agree, a longer fl would be a better fit. 

If you deemphasize the surrounding stars, the double cluster will stand out more. To do this, create a star mask. Erase its cluster stars. Then apply and shrink the stars. This will shrink the stars that are not part of the clusters. A bit of artistic license. 😉

I wouldn't shrink the largest stars much. Leaving those will create a more natural night sky look. 

Edited by wimvb
  • Thanks 1