NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M33 3 nights data

8 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Beautiful m33. APT is a nice bit of software, are you platesolving?

Yes. That's why I've started using it combined with all sky plate solver. Plus obviously it controls my imaging and guide cameras too. Excellent bit of software when all figured out.

I'm gonna try dithering next session too I think.

Stu

• Like 1

Tooth dr.

I'm using a OSC QHY8L as you probably remember.

If I do alot more 10 min subs of M33 do you think in going to bring more out? Ie colour etc?

If not I think I'll go for something new tonight. I'll be imaging from approx 7 till 930 tonight in north england. Any ideas what good targets to try. Nebula or galaxies....

Cheers

Clear skies

Stu

22 minutes ago, Stu Wilson said:

Tooth dr.

I'm using a OSC QHY8L as you probably remember.

If I do alot more 10 min subs of M33 do you think in going to bring more out? Ie colour etc?

If not I think I'll go for something new tonight. I'll be imaging from approx 7 till 930 tonight in north england. Any ideas what good targets to try. Nebula or galaxies....

Cheers

Clear skies

Stu

I'd say keep the sub length you did above, and get dithering.  Dithering did more for images than anything else did.  I'm like you and struggle on target choice!  I usually trawl the deep sky section, or use this website : https://telescopius.com/

Edited by tooth_dr

Great shot with similar kit to mine, 200PDS, Canon 750D, guided, so inspiring. However what bortle sky are you under? Pretty good I reckon doing 10 minute subs! I am 8+, between an airport, a major car plant, a large town and a massive city, 1 minute at iso 800 is pretty close to max before a white out.

Great image, Stu. This galaxy has a beautiful distribution of Ha regions, but with your unmodded dslr these will be difficult to pull out of the data. With more subs you can stretch and saturate more aggressively and reveal a little more colour. Otoh, if you use the cooled qhy you may have more luck.

The dslr is in your signature, so I assumed you had used your Canon camera. 

If you have the possibility to collect Ha, you'll see it makes all the difference with this galaxy. 

Edited by wimvb