SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Zwo asi1600mm pro dew problem

redfox1971

I have the zwo asi 1600mm pro that now and again seems to dew up last night all went well till 3 this morning and clouds came over so i stopped imaging left camera running at -20 so i could take flats in the daylight but when i took them i could see a dew circle in the middle of the image so last nights images are now no good as i have had to take the camera off and bring into house so no flats.I see zwo sell a dew heater on there site but by looking at the image they have it fitted to they have a spacer attched to camera so wont rest on the dew heater my camera has the filter wheel screwed on were the spacer would be so would clamp between camera and filterwheel i cant see this doing the dew heater element much good,has anybody else fitted one of these dew heaters?.

Hi I had this last nite as well when the temp changes quickly from cold to warm mainly, I found a small cooling fan on the side helps as I have a TS slider system and the fan blows air onto the glass area which seems to work ok, and I tried heaters and it changed the sensitivity aspect and took a long time, I have the icx413aq sensor and I have this issue only on that sensor and not on my trius 825m. good to know if you find an answer. show a pic of your setup. ton

• Thanks 1