NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ic1805

alacant

Hi everyone

A hazy October gave way to cleaner rain washed skies last night. This telescope had been sitting for weeks with the camera still attached, so laziness dictated I didn't collimate; poor stars bottom left. Looks like tilt... Ideas? Colour? Blue stars so reasonably happy!

Thanks for looking and clear skies.

700d, 3 hours, 150s

1297262761_1-1805(copy).thumb.jpg.2c8d7e7a923bf72f668f486b8fb7963b.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, alacant said:

This one was processed using Siril and StarTools 6.

Thanks never heard of Siril but I am currently viewing their website, do you use it for image stacking then process the output in StarTools?

I currently use DSS & StarTools but I'm still very much a beginner. That said I'm pretty happy with both DSS & StarTools but always happy to learn about other software.

Thanks

21 hours ago, Andy R said:

never heard of Siril

Yeah. It puts the user in control; you tell it what to do rather than the other way around. It's very good at stacking, gradient removal and noise reduction. 

The new StarTools is also very good. Its main advantage is that it holds your image in a database so you can swap backwards and forwards when processing as much as you like. But perhaps its main strength is that it gets you away from the menus-along-the-top-stretch-and-hope style algorithms we've had since the 90s.

Just my €0.02 of course; most software gets you there eventually no matter what.

Edited by alacant
  • Thanks 1