NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sh2-155 The firery Cave.

astro mick

Cave.thumb.png.197452f6d6a5e78f7ead810729b9ecc6.pngHi Folks,this was meant to be a Hubble narrowband,but had endless trouble with the camera losing connection whilst taking the S11.My USB length is I think at its max. 

Anyway settled for a bi-colour,but even my 0111 was so faint I could hardly see it.I,m beginning to think any of the narrowband filters other than the astrodons,are,nt really up to much,especially when the Moon is about.

So taken with an ED80 and Atik 314L+ a total of around 4 hrs in Ha + O111.

Calibrated with Bias and Flats.

Cheers.

Mick.

Edited by astro mick
  • Like 7

It's an interesting image Mick and different to anything else I have seen of late. I don't really understand how to do this narrow band imaging though I am strongly considering buying a duel band filter to bang on my 071 so I will get a little of the effect. These Astrodon filters are mindblowingly expensive and must be good as I have never seen any secondhand. I do rather like your firery cave tilte and capture.

Alan

Thanks Alan appreciate the comment.To be truthful Alan I have never been successful at narrowband,its only because of the moon that I did this.

12nm in both the o3 and s11 just does not cut it.

I like imaging,but think I,m really missing the sights that are up there visually.Hours sat just twiddling your thumbs whilst the camera is working.Then only a mediocre image.

Mick.

Edited by astro mick

On 19/10/2019 at 20:49, astro mick said:

visually.Hours sat just twiddling your thumbs whilst the camera is working.

Really nice image. I agree on the image capture- I tend to set mine running then get a dob out. Sometimes the imaging goes wrong and I lose a few subs, but I hate missing time at the eyepiece.