Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging Train ED80 > ZWO178mm cool

StarSnap

Greetings

I am new to AP so please forgive my lack of knowledge.

I am currently setting up, haven't got all the bits yet, an imaging train as follows and just need some advice.

ED80 FF

Spacer (16.5mm)

T2-T2 Adaptor (2mm)

EFW (20mm)

ZWO ASI178mm cool (old version with T2 nose so 17.5mm to sensor and not 6.5mm as on newer model)

So 56mm total perfect!, but the EFW and 178 both have T2 female connections.  So what can I do to link these together without adding more length to the imaging train?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Andy

I'm not entirely sure as that is the part I have on order from FLO.  If it does connect to the EFW then that would be great as I could move the T2-T2 to connect the camera and EFW together, without adding train length.  The camera sensor would be 2mm further from the filters but as the sensor isn't too big that hopefully wont matter, I think.

Are you sure you have EFW the right way around? What EFW is it? ZWO as well?

In fact it does not matter. EFW has both female T2 connections, your camera has T2 female connection, but EFW comes with T2-T2 adapter.

This is how you should put together things:

camera - t2-t2 - EFW - 16.5 extender - FF/FR

It should all fit together like that, if I'm not mistaken.

2 hours ago, StarSnap said:

It is a ZWO  EFW with T2 females both sides.

The train confuguration you suggest should work, bit extra distance from the sensor to the filters but shouldn't really matter.

Cheers

It certainly won't matter on chip the size of 178. Even on larger sensors you should not get much vignetting at that distance.